Sunday, May 19, 2013

#summer2k13

This summer is dedicated to living an unpatterned life. Obviously I have my job and responsibilities which I love and don't want to shirk, but my free time will become something free. Reading back through my posts from this semester I realize I had more than I normally do, but they were all very negative. I hate who I am when I focus on the negatives. I become someone I don't recognize and I don't enjoy myself. This summer is about living in the positive and making sure to lift people up instead of tear them down. To laugh with others instead of gossip. To take long drives and go somewhere instead of watching a season of television in a day. To watch a season of television in a day because that is exactly what I want to do that day. I dyed my hair blonde. Blonde. And honestly, it doesn't really even look super great, but it is my reminder to myself to act a little different, think a little different, and interact with purpose. This summer is about fun. It is about finding out who I am after the last 3 years. It is about enjoying my last summer in college and making sure I leave with only the positive by the time that I walk out. Don't worry, I'll be back to brunette soon enough. This summer is about the blonde.

No comments:

Post a Comment