Saturday, August 17, 2013

The Start of Something New

Maybe it's because it's 2am on a Friday, and I'm curled up in my bed reading books and the Bible and playing music from my past on repeat with a dash of my newfound music, but I feel like I'm on the precipice of change.  My last semester in college is weeks away from starting, and the countdown until graduation is racing forward, whether I want it to or not.  I don't feel like I'm done here.  I haven't done enough, haven't loved enough, haven't lived enough.  But I type those words, and it feels like a lie.  I've done plenty.  I've had moments that I wouldn't trade for anything, and made friends who have truly shaped me into a stronger and better individual.  I've learned things about myself that I didn't realize, and been humbled in ways I didn't think possible.  It's been an amazing 3 years thus far, and the thought of it being over in 117 days is utterly terrifying.  Also, I'm 22 in less than a month.  For some reason this feels almost more adult than my impending December graduation.  I'm excited for the future...I guess, isn't that what I'm supposed to say? Yeah, I am excited but also scared totally shitless.  That too.  

Oh well, it's time to sleep.  My room is all hot and sticky.  The downside of Texas weather.  The AC can never get cool enough

No comments:

Post a Comment