Thursday, August 8, 2013

Renewal

So, this is something that I almost always struggle with: my faith.  It has been tested in a variety of ways, but I never truly doubt what I grew up learning about.  I know that some people do, and at times I've been guilty of the same thing.  But, at the end of the day, my faith and spirituality is something that means a lot to me.  It challenges me to do more, be a better person, and work harder.  It isn't something I talk about with people, even some of my closest friends.  What I believe is a personal thing, but lately I've been struggling because it's almost too private.  It's hard to hold myself accountable to what I believe and even harder to admit when I've done wrong.  It hasn't been sitting right with me the last few days, so I'm working on it.  I just found a couple of daily devotional emails that I'm now subscribed to.  I'm sitting in my bed about to open my bible, instead of watching Netflix, and I want to try going back to church.  Something I haven't done in 6 years.
Wish me luck.  Hopefully this isn't going to crash and burn like my constant attempts to "eat healthy" and "go to the gym" because those tend to work in my favor.
Here's to stepping forward into my future.


Also, I graduate from college in 127 days.  Deep breaths everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment