Monday, August 4, 2014

Montana

Well my time in Montana is rapidly coming to a close.  I've really loved it here, even more than I thought I would.  Billings may not have been the most bumpin' city of all time, but I could dig it.  What I really fell in love with though was having the mountains visible from the balcony.  Seeing the Rockies on a daily basis, even from far away, was something that I won't soon forget.  It was crazy because I was here long enough to start to take it for granted, and then as soon as I realized that I would shake it off and try and really process what I was doing out here.  I love my job.  Did I learn a lot working full time in an office? Yeah, but I've worked in an office before.  What I appreciated was learning to work with different types of people.  At UNT I was surrounded by very similar people, but here in Montana I met lots of different personalities and various work ethics.  I'm thankful for this summer and the new friends I've made, but I've also learned that home is still a damn good place to be and if I don't immediately rush off to the ends of the world then I will still be okay. They say home is where the heart is, and I'm willing to leave bits and pieces of my heart where ever I go.  So here's to you Montana and your little piece of me.

No comments:

Post a Comment