Friday, October 4, 2013

T-Minus 70 Days

70 days until I graduate college.

How did time fly by so quickly? I remember I started that countdown when it was 290+ days, and it seemed like a distant possibility.  

I spend my days at work or in class, with my evenings filled with greek related events and homework.  I've realized some things this semester that I hadn't really connected before.  I like to hang out with people in a one on one setting.  When I get into groups I feel really awkward and overcompensate by being too talkative, or by getting really quiet.  I've also realized that there is a discrepancy between what I would do if I could and what I'm doing.  I want nothing more in the world than to move 1,000+ miles away and hole up with some mediocre job and a big dog and take some time to understand myself and live drastically different from what I've always known.  That's why when people ask me what I'm doing on day 71 I have no real answer.  I want to be in Romania working with youth, or going to Alaska and working with a local nonprofit organization, or going to grad school and wrapping myself up in school without student involvement on the side.  The world is supposed to be my oyster right? Well there are too many damn oysters and I'm not even sure which ocean I'm in.  But there's something truly thrilling about all of the oysters and water and beaches I've yet to explore.  Sink or swim, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment