Monday, September 30, 2013

Speeding through the semester

Life has been speeding by and I'm blown away by how fast this semester is going.  Tomorrow is the first day of October.  I have so much to do before I leave and so little time, but I feel like each day is inching by.  I have to fight to have motivation to go to class, and I have to struggle to try and get my homework done, but at the end of the day I'm just trying to get done.  I feel like I'm slowly reverting back to who I was before college.  I'm going to concerts again, hanging out with long term friends, and doing what makes me happy.  I didn't realize that I'd stunted myself in some of the most crucial ways by allowing myself to flourish in other ways.  Let me be clear, college was some of the best years of my life.  Filled with some of the greatest memories and learning experiences of my life. As my college experience wraps up I've realized that some of these friends that I've made might be different from what I initially realized.  If I wasn't quite myself when I befriended them, does that mean I've built a foundation on sand instead of rocks? I'm not really sure.  I'm sitting in my class wondering what on earth I'm going to do with my life next.  My list includes: Peace Corp, moving to Alaska, Teach for America, staying local and getting a job, teaching overseas.

Can I just figure out my life already, because I'm damn ready to know what's next.

No comments:

Post a Comment