Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Choices.

The best way to describe my life right now?

I am standing in the middle of a huge open field, not a tree in sight, endless horizon. No real sense of direction. There's a light breeze that floats by and lifts the hair off of my shoulders. While standing in this perfect moment of bliss I realize a few different things. I am totally alone, not a soul in sight, and I'm alright with that. Sure, loneliness can have its drawbacks. But the freedom of this situation is that I can go any direction that I want. And even as I type that I realize it isn't completely true. No one wants to be alone. I feel as if I'm watching a sunrise and a sunset simultaneously, and I don't know which one I want to focus on. Chase after the retreating sun or embrace the new day? "Infinity goes in both directions"

I realize the blatant contradictions within my words. I embrace them. What is life without a little conflict? Conflict is whatever you choose to make it. I remember when I used to hate conflict because I thought it always meant fighting. Conflict merely shows that you care enough to make your opinion known. I am going to knock myself out of my ambivalent funk and care. Whether in my professional or private life. I don't like a lack of knowledge; I don't like not caring enough to know.

"Pain is inevitable; suffering is optional"

No comments:

Post a Comment